- WhatsApp as a service will never contact you through a WhatsApp message. Never trust any message that claims to come from WhatsApp and demands payment for the service.
- Some scams claim that they can connect your PC with WhatsApp. Do not believe, as this is not possible.
- Keep automatic downloads ‘disabled’ to keep a check on what is being downloaded.
- Avoid using WhatsApp when you are connected to an open Wi-Fi network. These are hunting grounds for ‘Malware Authors and Data Sniffers.’
- Always keep an updated antivirus security solution installed and updated on your mobile device.
- It is advisable to set privacy settings for ‘last seen’, ‘profile photo’ and ‘status’ options to ‘my contacts’.
- Be aware of what you are forwarding. It might land you in trouble.
- Never send private information like bank account details, pin or passwords through WhatsApp.
- Never accept files or begin downloads from messages sent to you by strangers or unknown numbers.
- Never respond to suspicious messages that come through unknown numbers.
Whatsapp Cyber Safety Tips
November 18, 2021November 18, 2021 | | 0 Comment | 7:05 pm